Thursday, October 24, 2013

Ch-ch-changes

In case you haven't heard, there have been a few changes around our house lately. Well, I mean in addition to the new-born and Noah starting school. I recently left my job in order to stay home with my wild brood of boys. My boss was very understanding about it and even said it was a decision that she felt I'd never regret.

I'm loving being home full-time with the boys so far. It's so rewarding to see each day of their development. 

I'm also working with Shawn for our family's business (Shawn is a therapist, but also does real estate and we're developing some business plans that I'll probably discuss later) and I'm beginning to write again. I just submitted my first article for a local publication. It's all very exciting! 

And I feel like an immense weight has been lifted off of my shoulders now that I don't feel like my attentions are so divided. I am a much happier person these days and I think that Shawn and the boys are a lot happier too (at least I hope!). 

12 comments:

  1. Now that is my beautiful, smart, kind, wonderful daughter. A Mom could not have asked for a better daughter. Did I mention, sweet, very intelligent, so fun to be with. I just love to hear her laugh. Barry was so right when he sang about "Sweet Melissa".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh thanks Mom!! I must have gotten it from you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will never regret choosing to spend more time with your kids! Congratulations to you :) So exciting! Also, good luck with the article that you submitted. It's great that you're also finding time to do something you love while raising kids. It's so damn hard! You can do it :)

    Beautiful photo... I love those frames!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber!! The article is coming out in the November edition and I may start doing a monthly submission. Now I just have to come up with some good ideas for content :-)

      Also, the frames are Huxleys from Warby Parker. I love them!

      Delete
  4. Hey Sexy! What can I say, you've got a way with words. :) I'm a happy camper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous, gorgeous family Melissa! I miss you terribly, but am so happy to see YOU so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thanks Rikka!! I hope you're doing really well too!!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment!