Thursday, September 26, 2013

Right Now

Right now I am...

  • Happy: I'm really glad that I got to see my old friend Ryan get married last weekend. It's been a long time since we've seen each other and it was great to re-connect and see him marry the girl of his dreams.
 
  • Inspired: At Ryan's wedding, we met a couple who is living their dream (and ours too!) of starting a family farm. They want to make it a refuge for troubled kids as well and that's something that Shawn and I have talked about doing, so it was very inspiring.
  • Looking forward to: An upcoming girl's weekend with Stephanie and Birgit at Stephanie's lovely beach house in St. Joseph. I need some girl time! As you may have noticed, I'm slightly out-numbered by boys at my house :-)
  • Disappointed: I've been a bit stressed lately about some impending decisions and, sadly, I've returned to my nail-biting. Boo! Well, I briefly had nails for the first time in my life. I'll give it another shot and hopefully I can kick the habit for good.
  • Proud: I'm so proud of Noah for adjusting so well to school. It's been a HUGE change for him, but he's handling himself like a champ. The first day was pretty rough, but he's really pulled it together and I can already see how good it's been for him (and for Isaiah, who is developing more independence with big brother away for most of the day). 

5 comments:

  1. Woooo! Woo for everything, but especially woo for GIRL'S WEEKEND! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great about Noah and Izzy. Also a great picture of Shawn and Eli. I notice that I use the word great a lot but I can't think of another word. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) That's ok - I wayyyyy overuse the words awesome and amazing.

      Delete
  3. Once again some great pictures. Shawn looks so proud of Elijah. He is a lucky man to have three such wnderful little men. Also of course you,too Melissa. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great road trip, you and Eli were troopers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!