Thursday, August 8, 2013

Goals Revisited

Last August I made a list of goals. It's now time for me to shamefacedly revisit that list and see how successful I've been (spoiler: I've been very unsuccessful).

  • Learn to knit   Nope
  • Try yoga     Also no
  • Eat healthier    Well, I managed to not get gestational diabetes this time around (I had it with the two previous pregnancies). That said, there is a ton of room for improvement on this goal.
  • Blog at least 3 times per week   Most weeks I'm only averaging two posts per week
  • Take more pictures
  • Become a better photographer 
  • Get the kitchen remodel finished!    I'm only giving myself this one because we've stopped working on the project for the time being and it's as done as it's going to get for a while.
  • Organize the house   Not really
  • Spending freeze! (this will mean avoiding Target, thrift stores, and the Warby Parker website - my biggest weaknesses)    Ummm I did not do very well on this over the year, but now that I'm not working I've become super frugal, so I can kind of give myself this one. 
  • Read more (and add good reads to the Book Recommendations page)
  • See friends more  I think I actually saw friends less this year. Fail!
  • Keep a journal   Not on a regular basis
  • Write a short story  Sadly, no
  • Stop biting my nails (I have tried - and failed - to do this often throughout my life)   I am super impressed with myself over this one actually :-) 
  • Stop drinking soda  I drink it a lot less now. Does that count? 
  • Start a garden  Totally did not happen. In fact, I even managed to kill a succulent this year. A succulent. I can't say that I'm cut out for gardening. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice list, making progress! And you managed to post with three babies in the house, nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think having three children's makes this list null and void! ;) and hey, I killed a succulent this year, too. I think they are actually trickier. And we'll knit this fall! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!